*** Meetings of the Gold Coast Nature Journal Group are cancelled until further notice ***
Please fill in the contact form below if you’re interested in attending or leading any future sessions:
The Gold Coast Nature Journal Group meets once a month at various locations around the Gold Coast and Gold Coast hinterland, Queensland, Australia. The group is for people interested in observing and responding to nature through drawing and writing. Bring along your curiosity, good humour and something to write and/or draw with, and let’s have fun exploring the amazing natural places and wildlife of this region.
Sessions are free!
The loose format for each session will be:
- Meet and greet each other at the appointed place;
- Spend about 30 minutes exploring the area, discussing the ecology and identifying what plants and animals we can.
- If the session involves a certain theme or technique we will also discuss this at the start.
- Spend 1-2 hours or more nature journaling as a group or in subgroups, depending on the session and the interests of the group.
- Reconvene as one group and share our discoveries and responses.
- Be sure to BYO drinks and snacks, but a cuppa or lunch at a nearby eatery may also happen after the session.
All sessions will take place outdoors, so dress accordingly, be sunsmart and BYO insect repellent. BYO nature journaling materials (e.g. notebook, pens, pencils, etc) and chair or rug to sit on.
Note that to ensure we adhere to covid-safe guidelines, all attendees must:
- adhere to social distancing of 1.5m.
- sanitise hands prior to and after activity.
- not come along if unwell.
- provide up to date residential and contact details to the group leader at the start of the session.